Who We Are

Raven and Hummingbird Tea Company is a Coast Salish owned & operated indigenous tea company. Senaqwila Wyss & T’uy’t’tanat Cease Wyss are a daughter & mother partnership who have teamed up to create a business based on traditional local and seasonal plant foods and medicines. Our teas are all handcrafted and we endeavour to bring a sense of wellness and comfort to the teas we blend. We are a family business from the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation).

We source 90% of our herbs through wildcrafting throughout our travels, growing them in the local community garden, and trading with local pickers. The other 10% of our stock comes from local herbal distributors who supply local businesses. Our family started the penemay (garden) in Xwemeltchsn (capilano reserve) in 2008. Our products range from loose leaf teas, salves, vegetable glycerin (alcohol-free) tinctures, and other wellness products with traditional indigenous plant knowledge. We feel pride in intergenerational healing as part of our process in working with the land and with medicines.IMG_7465

online store https://squareup.com/store/rhteaco

handmade in small batches

indigenous owned

indigenous teas

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s